Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

So, I really like food, and therefore, I really like Thanksgiving.  The only problem I saw with Thanksgiving is that you had to wait all day for the yummy eating to begin and by then, your stomach shrinks and you can't eat all the yummy stuff that you want.  So, we have started what I hope to be a yearly tradition.  Yummy Thanksgiving Breakfast!  We had my dad, my aunt, my cousins and by brother and his family over for pumpkin waffles with apple cider syrup, bacon, potatoes and eggs.  Mmmm!

 Jordan and my dad
 Jodi and Sydney
 My cousin Alex, John, and Connor
 John's nieces Hannah and Emma and nephew Justin joined us for the day

Then later that day, we headed to my mom's sister's beautiful house for Thanksgiving dinner.  Another great idea: appetizers before the turkey.  My aunt had so many wonderful things to eat, it was great!  My favorite had to be crescent wrapped brie with cranberries in it (not sure what it is really called, but I must get that recipe!) and the fruit salsa on toasted tortillas.  Ya, so I pretty much ate all day and loved every minute of it!

 Jenny, Jodi, Linsey
 Me and Sommer
 Mya and Sammy
 Me and John, oh and Nik
 Gineal, my mom, Shauna, Annette, Jordan
 Tyler and Chase
 Ikaika
 Connor, with Ikaika hiding in the background
 Marie and Sydney, with Tyler aiming and Carter watching
 Marshal
 Mya and her mom, Jenny
Jordan was fighting sleep on Linsey shoulder because she just didn't want to miss any of the party.  I am pretty sure she thought all those people were there for her.  She is such a social bug!
 The clan

2 comments:

Ashley Ziegler said...

Cute! I can't believe how grown up all the little kids are!

Mindy said...

What a full house!