Christmas is absolutely more fun with kids, but New Years, that is a little bit of challenge with kids. We were invited over to a neighbor's house, which was a lot of fun to get to know a few more people in our neighborhood, but I felt a little bad because all of us had little kids who needed to get home before the magical midnight so most of us bailed on them around 9:00. I think the only reason we made it that long was because Jordan thinks all parties are for her and she is very well behaved in large groups, but even she has her limits.
This year, Sydney knew that New Years Eve was all about staying up late, so she wanted to do it this year. Since we had a long weekend to recover, we thought we would give it a try. We set up a tent in the front room and set up a movie on John's laptop, hoping that they would really just fall asleep, but we invited my cousin and his family over and they have little Ikaika. Ikaika apparently does not go to bed. I think he ran around our house for about 3 hours straight. I bet he crashed hard when he got in the car! Anyway, back to the tent. When John was setting it up for them, Connor was jumping around in the hallway saying, "This is the best day ever!" I guess we need to do that more often.
When the countdown started, we brought the kids in to watch the ball drop. We yelled "Happy New Year" gave a few kisses. We did NOT go outside to bang pots or watch the fireworks because it was frickin' freezing! Then Sydney asked, "That's it?" Yep. That's it. We packed them in their sleeping bags in the tent and brought Ikaika in the living room with us and my kids were asleep within 2 minutes.
So, goodbye 2010. You were a crazy year. You brought us a very happy, healthy baby and a starting to get pretty busy dental practice. There were a few downs, but even more ups. I hope the ups will continue in 2011.

0 comments:
Post a Comment