Tuesday, June 23, 2009

All this rain has been good for something...

These came from my parents garden (I love benefiting from their labors), which usually does not produce very much. I think it has rained for 2 1/2 weeks now, so I guess they just needed to water their garden more. This was actually the second batch I collected and both time I only took half of what they had. My aunt got a batch this size the day before too. We have strawberries coming out our ears!
Anyone have any good strawberry recipes? Jams, Jellies, smoothies, treats?
Also, does anyone know if I can freeze a bunch and then make them all into jam later or would it be better to do it as we pick them so they are fresh?

3 comments:

Savannah said...

I know several people that wash, cut, and freeze them to make jam later. My mom usually does this so she can do the canning when it's cold outside in the fall or winter, since canning makes the house so hot! I like to freeze them so they're ready for smoothies on demand!

Tyler & Ashley said...

Yummy!!!

Mindy said...

They look so good, and you can't beat free.