Saturday, May 15, 2010

Victory! the second time around

Since Connor was showing no interest in getting rid of his pull-ups, even after I told him he couldn't go to swimming lessons or preschool until he did, I had to make a little bargain.  Every time he went potty, he would get a bead to put in a jar and when the jar was full, we could go to the Dinosaur Museum.  Well, after a long struggle, we finally made it to the museum.


Congrats on being a big boy buddy!
(Hope it lasts this time around)

Couldn't resist a picture of Marshall, my nephew.

Best part about the trip:  I got a flat tire.  You may think, no problem.  Minor inconvenience.  Just change it and be on you way to your doctor appointment.  Well, I didn't exactly know how to get to our spare tire, all I knew was that it came down between the driver and passenger seats, under the car.  I can't even reach my toes to tie my shoes let a lone crawl under the van to get the tire.  So, we have a service through our insurance so I called them.  "Ya, he will be there in 45 minutes."  Ha.  Try 2 1/2 hours!  If I would have known he was going to be that late, I would have let the two nice gentle man who stopped to help, actually help me, but no.  I thought the guys would be there soon, so I sent them on their way.  If I would have known, I would have let the kids go back into the museum, but no.  I thought he would be here "any minute."  Luckily the kids were very good waiting.  And luckily, we were able to fix our tire for cheap.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Now I wish we had a dinosaur museum to try that on Carson since nothing else is working.
I'm amazed your kids waited nicely. I simply can't imagine my boys in that predicament!

Pam Emmons said...

I had to have Pete who me how to get the tire out before he left. It will be my luck to get a flat while he isn't in the country! Glad you had fun at the museum, though!