Wednesday, September 8, 2010

We actually made it out doors

This summer was so busy that we really didn't have much time to do a lot of the things we love to do out doors, but we got to go hiking twice.  The first time we went, we weren't able to make it to the "lake" because it started to rain, and I don't mean a sprinkle.

John: "Is this what it's like to be pregnant?  It's not so bad."
Ha!  If only it were an hour long.

Although we didn't get to see the "lake," we were able to see a beautiful moose not to far off.
 
The rain.
You can't see it very well, but there is a bride and groom there to take pictures with a nice big umbrella.  Well, that umbrella probably worked here, but very soon after I took this shot, the rain poured down.  We were soaked, so I imagine they were too.

Then, this last weekend, on Labor Day, we decided to try it again. We actually made it up to the "lake."  I am putting quotations around it because it was really more of a pond.  Silver Lake, the one at the beginning, was a lot bigger than the Solitude, the one at the end, but it was fun anyway.  I am definitely not in the same shape as I was last summer!
First signs of Fall.  
We might have to go back up next weekend.

0 comments: