I got to fly to Chicago last weekend to meet up with a bunch of friends from dental school days. It was a fun bunch of girls! We had one from Washington, one from Tennessee, one from Iowa, and a bunch from Wisconsin. The best part was just being together and laughing, but we did a few more things.
I went to my first Japanese Sushi restaurant, and I will have to say I am NOT a sushi fan. The rest of the food was awsome though, well worth it I thought. Who knew you could fry veges? So yummy.Then we all went to the Chicago Temple and although a few of us were quite tired, I think it turned out okay. Best part: Amber getting hit on before the session. JB was his name and he thought we were all sister missionaries. We were all pretty cute, but sorry JB, we were all taken and had 20 kids combined.
Then we went back to the hotel and ate, talked, laughed, and enjoyed the hot, hot tub. We stayed up pretty late (almost 3!) and got up, I guess late. I woke up at about 9 to someone saying, "wow, I can't believe we slept in the late!" My first thought was, your kidding right? It didn't feel so late to me, but as some of you know, I am not a morning person and 10 sounded a little better to me.
After a long morning of 8 girls getting ready in 2 bathrooms (it wasn't as bad as it sounds, growing up with no sisters, I actually enjoyed it), we were ready to SHOP!
And we pretty much shopped 'till we dropped. Dropped right into a restaurant. But, this was only a break. After this, we hit the outlets malls.
We finally made it back to Milwaukee around 11:30 that night where the fun continued for Pam and I. Okay, really we talked for about a half hour and then were out! We were quite tired.
The next day we went to our old ward and saw more friends and then had a BBQ back at our old stomping grounds. It was fun to be back, but I was also glad that I didn't have to stay there. Only those who have lived there will truly understand me. It was a fun one ladies! Good luck to all those embarking on big adventures this coming year!
Also, a big THANKS to John for taking care of the kids all weekend. I came home to a clean house, happy kids, and a "really, I appreciate all you do!" That made the trip all worth it!
2 years ago

2 comments:
No Way! My friends from Michigan met up for a girls weekend in Chicago last weekend too. Only I didn't go. So sad. Your pictures are really cute. Looks like you had a great time. And good job, John. I'm taking my girls weekend in June, so we'll see how Kyle does then.
I'm glad you had so much fun. I have to admit, I wouldn't mind getting to sleep in until 9:00!
Post a Comment