Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Good Ol' Family Fun

My childhood was quite a bit different from John's and since we have moved back by my family, my brothers have taken it upon themselves to show John a "good time", if you will.

My brothers, they're not as scary as they look

Here is yet another adventure they felt he just had to have. Recently they talked him into buying a paintball gun (sorry, still no pictures, they keep going when it is wet and cold, and I don't want pictures that bad) but they felt he needed to experience a real gun too. (John has shot guns before with the scouts, but my brother thought that didn't count and he just got his new gun and needed an excuse to show it off.)
John taking a shot

Don't worry, we were very safe, hence the lovely ear protection.

We all joined in the fun
My mom vowed she would never shoot Lynn's gun again after last time.
Never say never.

Checking Linsey's shot
My brother Mitch

I grew up shooting much smaller guns, like this 22 my brother Matt is shooting,
so it was quite an experience for me too. Hand guns make me a little nervous. I am a little embarrassed by this video, but my dad wanted to see it, so here ya go Dad. I don't know what kind of gun that was, but it sure had a kick to it!



And what were the kids doing during all of this? Mostly sitting in the van because it was COLD (notice my coat over my jacket). But they did come out for a short excursion.

1 comments:

Pam Emmons said...

I wish I were there! That' what I grew up doing! I haven't shot a gun in years!