Sydney: We get to have a party on Easter!
Me: What do you mean?
Sydney: We get to have an Easter egg hunt and birthday cake for daddy!
Happy 30th old man! Sorry you had to share it, but after the cake, candy, and deviled eggs, I don't think you cared too much!
On Friday, we had some family over and colored Easter eggs, which was a tradition that I loved as a kid.
On Sunday the kids were excited to see all the wonderful things in their baskets
(on a side note, this was my Easter project. I thought it turned out quite cute, if I do say so myself. We had baskets like this when I was a kid. I only finished one because I couldn't get enough materials for more, but next year, we will have a whole family of bunnies. Connor was a good trooper and didn't seem to care that he didn't get a bunny basket.)
they loved eating the eggs they decorated (even though Connor's face doesn't show it)
and then after church we had another Easter egg hunt at grandma's house.
Then, we finally got to John's part of the day. My mom made his favorite: spice cake with cream cheese frosting. We didn't open presents this year because he got a paintball gun and all the gear that comes with that. Oh, don't worry, pictures will be coming soon!

3 comments:
ha, I love John's face!
What an old man!
Yeah...all this paintball talk... now Nik HAS to get one before Moab. ha ha!!!
Post a Comment