Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mediocrity Tag

I'm a little late in the game (as usual), but I accept the challenge! My friend Jodi challenged us as bloggers to show "the human side of your lives." I personally never get tired of seeing cute projects and all the wonderful things you do with your kids. I am not perfect and I know you aren't either, but I love to be inspired by all the wonderful things you do. But I also love this challenge and think it is quite fun! So here goes:

Because we just moved and we have had a lot of family and friends come over to "see the place," I have done a pretty good job of keeping the kitchen clean... until they leave. As soon as my friend left today, this is what the counter looked like, and has been that way for a while. (The picture doesn't do it justice, a great benefit to the color of our counters, but Connor has started finger painting with his food when he is "done". Use your imagination.)



And yes we did just move, but it has been almost a month now and do you remember the pictures of when we first moved in, THIS one in particular? Ya, this is the room today. (I think it got worse.) At least some of the boxes are opened. Their contents are on the floor, but hey, baby steps right?

My children watch an awful lot of TV and I am okay with that. This is how I put Connor down for naps now, even if it is almost 5:00 and I should keep him awake so he will sleep at night. But, it is easier to let him sleep so I can read blogs.

I am not so proud of this one, but you wanted real, so here goes. Poor Connor has had multiple days lately (more than I really want to admit to) where he has spent the whole day in the same diaper. He gets changed if he poops. That's it. You've done that before right?

Now, I hate sweeping. I rarely do it, but John and I have made a goal to try and keep the kitchen a little cleaner than we have in the past. (No more, "John, we are out of silverware, do you mind doing the dishes?") So this is my solution. Buy a Swiffer Vac. It's like a toy.

My kids fight over this chore and I am more than happy to hand it over. (Okay, I didn't have it in the first place to hand over, but I go get it for them.) How long do you think that will last?

4 comments:

Pam Emmons said...

I have the same swiffer, and my kids fight over it too. They each get to take turns... it's like child labor, for free!

Leslie said...

Maybe I need to get a swiffer. I love this tag-- I can completely relate to everything you posed! And, Zack most definitely doesn't get changed as often as he should either.

Mindy said...

I think Henry is learning that if he wants a new diaper, he takes the old one off and runs through the house, or poops and gets new one...sad. I bet he looked just like Connor's picture.
Henry has been swiffering here too. They have to take turns. And no, it doesn't wear off, ever. So you're in luck. They don't think of it as a chore though, just plain clean fun.

amydear said...

Way to keep it real, Mandie. And you know when you get to that stage of diapers, it's time for potty training! Connor's cute even with a saggy bum, and Sydney looks sweet even while swiffering!