Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sun, Sand, Trucks, and Dinosaurs

I absolutely love Moab! I know I already did a post like this on our last trip, but I just had to share all the pictures and yes, I know, I take too many pictures. I couldn't decide, so be prepared for a lot!

Connor's quote of the trip, "Big Rock" and "Baby Rock"
Sydney's quote, "I liked going fast!"
My quote, "Can your truck really make it up that?"
John's quote, "Why don't we have a truck again?"
More of the gang!
We also saw dinosaur tracks
(Sorry the video is sideways, just can't remember that sometimes)


Quite large, wouldn't want that chasing you!

This is my cousin's truck, which is my dream truck and I think I may steal it some day soon! Check out the size of those tires! That truck (Yota, as my cousin calls it) made all of those hills look easy!


Now, this is some video I took of some complete strangers, but they were insane! This jeep climbed up at almost a 90 degree angle. I was sure he was going to flip over. All they said was, "if we flip, pull us out" very matter-of-factly. They were strapped into 5 point harnesses and away they went. The second guy couldn't make it because there was water at the bottom and the first guy got the rock all wet and slippery, but did that stop them from trying? Latter I had to ask if they were drunk, but supposedly people do that kind of stuff all the time.




2 comments:

abby o said...

Mandie I'm DROOLING. My brother is river guiding down there this summer so I am determined to plan a trip SOON. ooooh lucky!!!

Laurie said...

Fabulous Mandie! I love going to the dunes on the coast, but that's one thing we don't have there - Rocks like Moab! Of course, wet Oregon provides good muddin' instead. :) I love seeing your adventures, who cares if you posted last time - you went again, so you should post lots more pictures! :)