Tuesday, March 17, 2009

One More Step Toward Adulthood!

It was a quick decision, but it was a good one! We are out past civilization, so it took us a while to get internet and then we went on a little vacation (pictures coming soon), so here are the pictures of our rental house.

Front room acting as our office (haven't gotten to the walls yet, so they are a wonderful hospital white)
Living Room, notice the fireplace, a huge factor in our decision (but don't notice all the clutter on top. Any suggestions on what to do with that space?)
Kitchen, the island was another huge selling point (if you saw my last apartment, you know why)
Monkey bathroom
Sydney's room, acting as both their rooms, keep looking and you will see why (also, furniture coming)
Master bedroom (anyone want to paint me a nice picture to go above the head board? I have not skills, so I will probably hang photos)
Master bath, which I am loving the space! Again, if you saw my previous bathroom you would understand. There is also a walk-in closet, which I also love. It is a wonderful thing to have all your clothes in view and not have to pack the off-season ones away.
Huge unfinished basement (my kids have too many toys! sorry I didn't clean them up for you.) There is also a cold storage down there. I guess I better start that food storage, can't use the space excuse any more.
This room will be Connor's once we move out the currant occupants (which those boxes could take a few more weeks to clear out! John thinks we should just throw them out without even looking inside. That is tempting!) This is actually considered an office because it doesn't have a closet, but we can make it work!
And last, my favorite part! I no longer have to pay to wash my clothes! (Does that make me old that a washer and dryer gets me excited?)
We are always open to visitors, so let us know. Last minute notice is acceptable!

11 comments:

Pam Emmons said...

Yay! Your kitchen is bigger than mine! Can't wait to see it in a few weeks!

Pam Emmons said...

Oh, and I will bring you something to decorate your fireplace with!

Carolyn Hanson said...

I want to be an adult like you someday! Your house is gorgeous. I LOVE it!

Mindy said...

Your bathroom is huge, sure would be nice! :) The mantel is always hard to keep stuff off of, especially if your husband thinks that's where he can put his wallet and things out of his pocket at the end of the day. Congrats on so much space!

Larissa said...

Wow, looks great! So exciting. I'm jealous of that kitchen.

Savannah said...

Love the new place! So cute!

Pam Emmons said...

We are coming out next Thursday (26) and staying until April 4. I will call you a few days before we come out and we can plan a get together. I think we will also have a party for Annie while we are there.

Leslie said...

I LOVE the house. I can't wait to come over and see it. I am so excited for you.

Laurie said...

Yea for house pics! It looks so great Mandie - especially next to GC, huh!? :) As for wall art - you never know what you could find cheap at a thrift store. Mostly there's nothing, but I did actually get something once from Goodwill for $4!

amydear said...

Everything looks great. I can't believe your Mom made you PAY to do your laundry. Just kidding! I'm sure you'll make good use of that basement. And I love having a washer and dryer right in my very own house. Even after 5 years of it. See you soon!

Our Life, Our OHana, Our Luv... said...

The house looks great mandie!! I can't wait till we get our own place, but i think i'll have to do a lot of shopping just to fill any of it.lol!By the way,the fireplace is a great place for a family picture!
Ikaika and I will have to stop by and visit some time. It was really cute watching conner and ikaika play together last time. take care!