Before I get to the rest of the reunion, I must show the highlight of our week:
Isn't she adorable!
Anyway, John's family sure makes for good times! We all went to Heber and stayed in a gorgeous cabin that had 6 bedrooms, a game room with ping-pong, pool, and Foosball, a theater room with 6 lazy boys in it, 2 main gathering areas, and a huge kitchen. Oh, did I mention there was a large wrap around porch with a hammock, a hot tub, grill, fire pit, and playground outside? It was a lot of fun.
We also rented wave runners and spent a day at Jordanelle. The kids loved playing on the beach and swimming in the cold water. Everyone got a ride, including G'ma/mom and Svetlana, who is about 7 months prego. We did have an "incident" though. (Sorry Jill, Hannah, and Emma, but I have to chuckle a little bit.) One of the wave runners was a gas hog, we assume there was a leak or something. Well, they happened to get on it when it was low on gas, and oops, ran out of gas. A nice couple, or maybe brother and sister, not sure, decided to try and tow them. Well, wave runners don't tow so well, and they got tipped. Not that big of a deal right? Well, I guess Hannah is quite freaked out by large bodies of water, although I did assure her there were no sharks, just big fish. Also, have you ever tried to get back onto a wave runner? It can be challenging. Sorry Jill, but I would have loved to see that, having tried that myself once before. Those are the things memories are made of!
"Fat guy in a little coat."
Okay, that movie quote doesn't exactly work here, but you get the idea.
We also spent a day in Park City, although we didn't stay too long because they wanted our next child as a price for the rides!
If any of you are searching for a good activity to bring your family together, I would suggest Rock Band. Who doesn't want to pretend they are in a rock band? in front of all your in-laws? Ya, I was not about to sing in front of this highly musically talented family, but Sydney and I killed it on the drums!
But you can only take so much of loud rock music, so what else brings a family closer together? Hitting each other of course, in a game of Ninja.
How do you play? Everyone starts in a huddle and whoever starts yells, "Ninja" and everyone jumps back into a ninja pose. The person who starts has to slap someone elses hand in one fluid motion and then has to stay there. The person about to be hit can make one defensive move. You go counter-clockwise through the circle. You must slap their hand or it doesn't count and if your hand gets slapped, you are out. Doesn't that sound like brotherly love? Oh, just watch:After Park City, we had a little time to hang out,
(whom we are so thankful for!)
To eat out,
and go the Dinosaur Museum, which is always a kid pleaser.

Hence, the nasty treats:



3 comments:
oh my gosh... i can watch the video of kara a hundred times!! it is so funny, haha so stinkin cute!! :)
so.. do you think your family would play that ninja game?? haha..
Always sucking in Mandie, always. We love the vid of Kara, and so does she. I'm going to send people from my blog to yours, or I'll just steal the whole thing. Then I don't have to do the work, right? Let's hope a miracle happens and we can meet up sooner rather than later! Thanks for the good times. They were certainly had by all.
What a fun time! I love "fat guy in a little coat" and the ninja video is too funny, I'm not sure I'd want to play that...
Post a Comment