So, I always wondered what the big deal was about sending your first kid to Kindergarten. I mean, they are gone having fun and you can have time to get some things done. When people would tell me they cried or were really nervous, I didn't think I would be that way. Well, like many other things in parenting, I was wrong. I was kind of a nervous wreck. I didn't cry though, I was quite proud of myself (there were people around). I was mostly nervous about the bus. I was really afraid she just wouldn't get on the bus and that I would have to put her on it kicking and screaming, which is always fun. I was also afraid she wouldn't get on the bus on the way home because everytime I went into the school, she wasn't on their list of bus students. Well, she made it, both times. She did look a little nervous to get on, but there were a bunch of kids she recognized, so that helped. She still was not on the bus drivers list to drop her off, but luckily the bus stop is right in front of our house and luckily her teacher got her on the bus. Connor was very upset about the whole bus thing too. He really wanted to get on with Sydney, but I told him we would go for a walk, so he did okay. When Sydney got dropped off, he said, "Now is it my turn to ride the bus?" and started walking toward the bus. He was quite upset when I told him he wasn't old enough. Sorry buddy.
She didn't say much about her first day other than she got to play outside (recess: everyone's favorite subject) and she said that if you are good, you get to pick a surprise out of a fish bowl and guess she was good because she got a yummy strawberry sucker. I still can't believe my baby is old enough to go into Kindergarten, but I am excited for her and know she will love it. The hardest part is going to be getting up every morning, oh and waking her up too.
1 year ago

4 comments:
I can't believe you have a kindergartner..and that in just 2 short years that will be my life too. she looks adorable for her first day, and congrats to you on making it through it mom!
I sometimes wish it would just start later in the day so we all could take our time and sleep in. She looks so grown up.
Your story is so cute! You are a great mom! Gongrats to Sydney!
Avery starts preschool in a couple weeks and it starts at 8:30, I'm usually still in bed then! (Yes I'm lucky)
I just can't believe Sydney is in Kindergarten, and I don't even want to think about next year and having my own kindergartner!
Post a Comment