Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

So, I wanted to change my background, but unfortunately, it still fits.

I love Easter time.  It is a time of hope.  I loved talking to the kids about the Resurrection of Christ because they seemed to understand a little bit more this year.  I loved seeing how excited they got when John showed them the picture of the Resurrected Christ standing in front of Mary Magdalene because they recognized that picture and new the story behind it. I hope all of you had the chance to reflect on the Saviors love for all of us.

Now on to the fluffy fun stuff.  On Friday, we had our first Easter egg hunt at a friends house and yes, that is snow and we are wearing coats.  Not exactly what I had in mind.  I wasn't so sure about going, but the kids had fun.
On Saturday, we colored eggs and Connor was quite impressed by this process (I guess he didn't remember last year).  Nothing fancy, but you know I am not all that creative. 

I was very hesitant to wake up with them on Sunday morning, but the guilt set in and I finally got out of bed to take a few pictures and ohh and ahh at their candy.

After Conference, we went over to my mom's for a wonderful turkey dinner and another Easter egg hunt.
Marshall kept grabbing Connor it was so cute!
Marshall's first Easter
The gang: My brother Matt, his wife Jodi and son Marshall, my brother Mitch and fiance (for 2 more days!) Linsey, my sister Marie, and us, Me, John, Sydney and Connor
It was also good to see my grandparents.  They came down from Idaho for Mitch's wedding.  This picture took quite a few tries because I couldn't get the timer to work and then when I did, the batteries died.  So after changing them, we finally got the picture.  Thanks everyone for being patient with me!

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Still looks like your kids had fun finding eggs in the snow...you should have thrown a couple of white ones out there.

Pam Emmons said...

Looks like fun! Our snow is gone gone gone. Cant wait to see pictures of Mitch's wedding!

Our Life, Our OHana, Our Luv... said...

great pics! looks like the kids had a ton of fun!

amydear said...

Look how cute you are! Oh, the kids too. We had a snowy Easter a few years ago. Not my favorite. But better than the RAIN that's been pouring down here for about 10 days. Ugh.

Laurie said...

I want those egg scissors!