This Mother's Day was different than any other one I have had. John and I got sick over the weekend, but John still made it a special day. He and Sydney decorated a cake for me (which Sydney was very happy to point out the yellow sprinkles because yellow is my favorite color) and got my favorite treat, chocolate covered strawberries. Yummy!!
Connor really wanted some too. Here he is saying please in sign, note the desire in his face.
We all enjoyed it very much!



Sydney also got up and sang in church today with the rest of the primary and I was so proud of her. I remember when I was kid doing those things, my mom always cried and I thought she was just a big baby. Well, as with most other things, I understand my mom a lot more now that I am a mom. I am turning into my mom, a big baby too. But that is okay. I always knew my mom loved me and I hope that my kids know it too, even if they think all this crying is silly.
I will have to say that being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever done and probably ever will do, but I wouldn't change it for anything. Sydney is a great big sister and loves to help me around the house. I love reading her stories and hearing her laugh. Her newest accomplishment is climbing the "big" tree in front of our apartment (with a little help from her friend Noah).

Connor has turned into my cuddly kid (well, more than Sydney any way) and I love to just watch him play. He loves his big sister and laughs at everything she does. He also tries to do everything she does. Although he has hit the "terrible twos", he is still a pretty good kid. He listens most of the time and is very good at saying "please." Oh, and he has a strange, but cute fascination with his belly button that just makes us laugh.
(He may hate me for this one day)

2 comments:
Henry just came around the corner and said basically bebo (bellybutton), he also said teeth. That is a cute picture. They all are. (Can't find the cake picture though). We miss you guys.
Seriously? I don't think I could share chocolate covered strawberries... but then, you're just a nicer person than I...
Post a Comment