Saturday, June 14, 2008

Do we have to come back?

Recently we took a trip to Disney World and I highly recommend it to everyone! We had so much fun! We flew in to Orlando on Thursday and took full advantage of the my mother-in-law's time share. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Every room had a view of African animals. A giraffe was waiting for us when we arrived. After dinner we took a swim in their pool and Sydney and John enjoyed the slide.
On Friday, we spent the day in Magic Kingdom. If you go, I recommend two days for this park. There was so much to do and luckily Sydney just barely hit the height requirement. She loved splash mountain and thunder mountain. She also loved the fact that every "cast member" called her "Princess."
On Saturday we decided to head to the Beach. We thought it would be nice and relaxing, but the sun had another idea. We all got burnt and Sydney got fried. What kind of parents are we? We only put sunscreen on her 4 times! But we enjoyed the time we had there with shovels, buckets, moon fish, and body boards.


On Sunday we went to Animal Kingdom,

Bug's Life 3-D show

Sydney and I got SOAKED on the river rapid ride

Monday we went to Epcot,

and Tuesday we went to Hollywood Studios. Well, Sydney went to Magic Kingdom with gma and gpa in the morning and met us later.

There was so much to do that we couldn't do everything we wanted to. There was lots of yummy food to eat,




A few naps

and wonderful firework shows


But I think the kids liked meeting the characters the best. Connor loved it! We actually couldn't let him see the character until it was our turn or else he threw a fit because we wouldn't let his see them NOW. It was cute though, he hugged everyone of them. (If you missed the slide show, just reload the page)



After we saw Aurora, Sydney informed me that that was the REAL princess. I think she caught on that the other characters where in costume, but not the princesses, they were the real thing!

If you ever decide to go, some websites that really helped us were Mousesavers and Undercovertourist. And I would recommend staying at least 10 days. We just didn't have time to see everything. But what we saw was great!



2 comments:

Laurie said...

Yea! How fun! Considering what hugging kids you have :) I'm glad Connor loved all the characters so much!
Thanks for your suggestions too, I know I'd love to go!

Carolyn Hanson said...

Looks like so much fun! Great pics of your kids with all the characters!