We were able to experience how it may have felt to have a sacrament meeting back in pioneer days. Our church starts with RS and Priesthood and has sacrament last, and so while we were in RS the power went out. So, we skipped Sunday school and headed outside for Sacrament meeting. It was 93 degrees, but luckily there was a covered picnic area so the shade helped a little. We could barely hear the first counselor, but we proceeded through sacrament and after that, the bishopric realized the little kids were not going to make it through talks, so the bishop said a few words and we ended. Thankfully (since my kids were contributing to the volume) the bishop kept it brief and we didn't have to sit for hours. I don't know how the pioneers did it with all their kids. But I will have to say that the mountains in the background was very neat!
2 years ago

3 comments:
Sounds like you are liking being back. You like Utah a lot huh? I'm glad you're happy.
Aaahhh...to be a pioneer woman. You could have done it, right? He he!
What a wise bishop. : ) Sounds like things are adventurous back in Utah. I miss you!
Post a Comment