Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Full Circle

So, almost 4 years ago we came to dental school knowing nothing about our future home. Well, it was a shock. Sydney was only 5 weeks old and we drove through a rain storm we never saw out west and the McDonald's didn't take a credit card when we finally made it here tired and hungry. Anyway, the night we got here, our stuff hadn't arrived, so we slept on our floor with a borrowed blow up mattress. Luckily we had wonderful neighbors that became instant friends. Within a short time, we had carpet, a place to sleep, soap and towels to clean up with, and someone even brought us milk and cinnamon bread for breakfast. Good ol' times.
Anyway, now we are all packed up ready to move back west and we are again sleeping on a blow up mattress, our 2 kids are on the floor in their cool sleeping bags. It was just funny to me that our last night here was the same as our first night. I am quite sad to say good bye to everyone tomorrow, but happy to say good bye to our pet mold (he has really grown over the years.)
(Sorry if there are typo's. It is late, and I am tired)

1 comments:

Larissa said...

Mandie,
I remember when you guys first got there with tiny little Sydney and how glad I was you guys were our neighbors! Good luck with your move - I hope it goes smoothly!