That is right, we have been married now for 7 years! We now have a 4 year old and my "baby" is talking to me in little 2 or 3 word sentences (no, we don't have plans for another one right now). We now have a "real" job and I guess we need to be "real" adults now. Needless to say, we were feeling a little old. It didn't help that my brother brought over an Adam Sandler movie, which he and his wife thought was hilarious, and we didn't think it was funny at all. Okay, maybe we laughed twice, but we thought to ourselves that we are just like our parents when Happy Gilmore came out. We thought that was hilarious and our parents thought it was stupid. But, yesterday, as we were out celebrating our anniversary, I decided that I would not go back if I could. (Caution: I may get a little mushy) I am so thankful that I found John (or he found me). We are a perfect match (not that we are perfect, we just compliment each other well; my weaknesses are his strengths and he can help me work on them) and he is so good to me. He is a wonderful dad and I couldn't have asked for a better man to teach my children. He has gone through a lot the last couple years (dental school was not easy) all so that I can full fill my dream of staying home and raising our kids. The only thing I wish he would do a little more is SING! (If you don't know, it was his singing voice that lured me in. Once I heard him sing, my single life was toast.)
So, enough of the mushy stuff. We had a lot of fun yesterday (oh, and a special thanks goes out to my mom for watching our kids). We first ate at a crepe place for lunch (not near as good as the crepe place in Milwaukee) and then we went downtown. We watched the Joseph Smith movie in the Legacy Theater (which everyone should see!) and then walked around Temple Square. Then we went to the Gateway Mall and checked out a few stores. We ate a wonderful "apple pie" caramel apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. (It was almost as good as Amy's Caramel Apples.) Then we went and ate at Tepanyaki, where they cook the food right in front of you. That was fun to watch. And then of course we couldn't have a date without a movie, so we went and saw Hancock. (The first half was great, the last half was a little off.) It really was fun to just "hang out" with my best friend and I look forward to the many years we have ahead of us.
2 years ago

6 comments:
Happy Anniversary! What a fun day!
Congrats! 7 years is a lot of "Scrooged." Davis and I will be in Salt Lake for 2 weeks while Eric's in Honduras - maybe we can get together and Connor can teach Davis some of those sentences...
Congrats you two! We will reach that 7-year milestone in a week. . .
Wow! Has it really been 7 years? Congrats! I'm glad John married you too, or I'd never know you. : )
Happy Anniversary Lady! You're cathin up to Pete and I! Glad you had a fun day!
7-years seems like a long time. Are you sure it's been that long? Congrats!
Post a Comment