Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sydney started 1st grade last week and I seriously cannot believe it!  The first day was a bit rough for both of us.  I thought I woke up in time to walk her to school, but ya, a baby always takes more time than you plan for.  So, I dropped her off and told her to go in the wrong doors, so she couldn't find her teacher and someone had to help her and then she went in the wrong doors again at recess and got yelled at and I sat at home just hoping that she got to the right class and was worried that because I started her day off wrong, she was going to hate first grade and think I was the worst mom, because really, who just drops their kid off and hopes they find it?  Okay, so I may still be a little affected by it, but I'm almost over it. 
She seems to really like her teacher so far.  Her teacher is an artist, so they do a lot of creative things and so far, she has not had any homework.  Not sure how I feel about this, but we will see.  I really just want Sydney to start enjoying school, but I guess reading is kind of important too, so I should probably do our own homework. 
Sorry about the long sentences.  I guess I just needed to let out a few things.  This mother stuff is hard sometimes.

1 comments:

amydear said...

I have a similarly traumatic story from Jillian's first day of first grade involving the bus. Luckily she's fully recovered from it. S is such a cutie. I hope she has a great first week of school.