This really is a dream! Love this dessert. I got the recipe from The Pampered Chef, so I used their torte pans to make this in, but I don't see why you can't make this with two round pans. The first time I made this I used some raspberry jam that my mom and I made and canned. So good! I have also used some store bought because I wanted to try it without the seeds. We tried to get the seeds out of ours, but it was a long process, so we gave up and still had some seeds in ours. I also made it with a devil's food cake from scratch and one with the box cake. I liked the box cake better. It was easier and it was more moist. Enjoy!
1 pkg devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 c powdered sugar
1Tbsp finely grated orange zest
1 container (8oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 c seedless raspberry jam, divided
1 c raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour torte pans; set aside (I also put wax paper on the bottom to prevent it from sticking). Prepare cake mix according to package directions; divide batter equally between pans. Bake 18-22 minutes (if using round pans, cook according to box) or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven to cooking rack and cool 5 min. Remove cake from pans and cool completely.
2. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and orange zest; whisk until smooth (I used the whisk instrument on my mixer). Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake layer well-side up onto serving platter. Spread half of the filling over cake layer. Place raspberry jam in microwave safe bowl, microwave 10-20 seconds or until warm; whisk until smooth. Drizzle half of the jam over filling. Stack remaining cake layer on top of first, well-side up; spread with remaining filling. If desired, arrange raspberries over filling; drizzle with remaining jam.
2 years ago

4 comments:
I made it with two round pans and it was perfect. Yours is prettier than the two I made :) Noah asked if we could make it for a Valentines treat, so it looks like I get to enjoy another one :) YUM!
Oh my that is gorgeous! I would totally fork out 40 bucks for that! Especially since I am sitting here nursing and starving...)
Maybe I'll make this for our family Valentine's Day dinner next week. Yum. Beautiful photo too.
I would definitely make this one for Valentines day dinner if I'm not in labor... you know what I mean...
Post a Comment