Thursday, March 27, 2008

To Bink or Not to Bink, continued

About a month ago I put up a poll on what I should do about Connor's binki, and I will have to say thanks, but no thanks! Just kidding. It was actually tied, so I came up with my own plan on how to get rid of it. We decided to do it on our trip to Utah. That is how we got Sydney to take a bottle, so why not? We let him have it on the airplane ride there, but that was it. Once we got to grandma's and he was busy with all the hello's, we took it and hid it. We didn't give it to him for the rest of the week, and it went surprisingly well. He didn't ask for it once, not even at bed time. It was great.
But, I will have to admit that I didn't think it would work once we got back home, but it has worked like a charm. I hid all the binki's but, the day after he got home, he found the pretend doll binkis. I let him have them, just to see what he would do. It was funny! He put one in his mouth and tried to suck on it, but it didn't stay in because it is so small, so he threw that one and tried the next one. When that one didn't work, he just stared at it for a while with a very confused look on his face. I then said, "those are only for the baby's." He then looked at me very defiantly and put the binki in and out of his mouth a few times with his mouth wide open. It was very comical! I was laughing out loud. So, that was how we said to goodbye to the beloved binki!

1 comments:

amydear said...

I miss this little guy! Hayden thinks a cowboy, a bad farmer, Darth Vader, or a robber stole the car.