Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Goodbyes Have Started

But not by our choosing! You are not going to believe this, but John's car got stolen yesterday! It's okay, go ahead and laugh, that is really all we could do. Now you are probably saying, "laugh, why would you laugh, that is awful!" Yes it is awful and a big pain, but have you seen John's car? It is a piece of junk. I wanted to sell it to a junk yard when we left. We probably could have got $50 for it. (That's a good date night.) So why would anyone want to steel his car? Your guess is as good as mine. The problem is, John now has to bum rides to and from school or I need to take him. He also has an off site rotation coming up in April that we are going to have to figure out. So, if any of you are heading home from the dental school and are willing to take John home, that would be greatly appreciated. I just wish we could tell these thieves that if they will let us have it back for another 2 months, we will gladly give it back to them, title and all. Do you think that would work?

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh no! I hope there wasn't anything in the car that they could take too.
He could always take the bus. I know that's horrible--Chad saw a driver get spit on riding the bus--but it is pretty cheap. You've got tons of neighbors though headed to the same location...I hope getting a ride works. Good luck! What if the police bring the car back to you?

amydear said...

Maybe they'll return it! Are you going to use your insurance claim to get your $50 for a date night? So sorry to hear about the car. I'll call you soon.