I have been meaning to write about this for a while with a picture to show, but John gets home after dark, so this will have to do. On Sunday, John left early to church so he could practice with the choir. Shortly after he left, he called me and said, "You are not going to believe what just happened." Well I thought maybe he slid off the road (it was snowing and 30 below with wind chill) or someone slid into him. Oh no, it was more interesting (I don't think John would use that word) than that. As he was driving down the road, his hood flew up and crashed into his windshield and cracked it, no crushed it! (No, he did not leave the oil can under the hood.) Not only did it scare him half to death, we now have to fix a car that needs to be retired to the junk yard. And it all happened because John decided to be a good Samaritan on Friday. He helped jump a lady's car and I guess the hood didn't latch all the way. I guess if we look on the bright side, it didn't fly up on him while he was driving home on the freeway. Now that would have really been bad. Also, because it was so stinking cold on Sunday, there was no one out on the road, which there is usually a few teenagers J walking along that road. So, everything said and done, John really drives a clunker now, but he did not have a heart attack.
2 years ago

1 comments:
Wow, that is interesting! That happened to me in my Volvo and it's freaky, but it didn't break my windshield. It doesn't take a lot of speed for it to happen either... His car karma stinks but it's a good story! Jenny
Post a Comment