Thursday, February 21, 2008

To Bink or Not to Bink

Alright, I need some help. Connor is almost 18 months and still has a binki. I told myself that I wouldn't have a child who was talking through their binki, but I am almost there. I didn't have to worry about it with Sydney because she didn't like them, but Connor would have one in his mouth all day if I let him. For the past week I have only been giving it to him for naps and at night, oh and at church. My dilemma is that I want him to start talking more and I don't think he needs it, but some days he is so noisy (like at church) or whinny and I am thankful he takes a binki. I am also worried about our upcoming plane trip. When Sydney was 18 month we flew to Utah and that was the worst experience! She was screaming because she didn't want to sit on my lap and she was kicking the people on both sides of me and the chairs in front of me. I was the mom who everyone wanted to throw out the window. I don't want to have another one of those episodes. But, I am also worried that the longer I wait, the harder it will be to take it away. I think I will do a poll, but if you have any words of wisdom, let me know.

He is much cuter without it, if I do say so myself!



1 comments:

Mindy said...

Try having to work with a THUMB! I can't cut it off...you on the other hand, could cut the tip of the pacifier off. Try tabasco sauce--probably won't ask for it again.