Saturday, February 2, 2008

Glamorous!



We had a lot of fun at Marquette's Senior Ball. Since I have had 2 babies since the last time I wore a fancy dress, I had to buy a new one, and let me tell you, it was a challenge to find a dress that I could wear. Even thought the temperature has been below zero, they don't like to add sleeves to their dresses. But as you can see, I found a decent one at David's Bridal on their clearance rack. I got a great deal and I was pretty excited. It really was a lot of fun to dress up fancy and go out without the kids. We had a nice dinner and then ripped it up on the dance floor. Okay, we danced a little. After dinner, everyone else was starting to get a little tipsy (there was an open bar to all seniors). A few of the women got a little friendly with some of their fellow students, whether their wife was there or not (sorry Matt, that was just too funny!) and we quite enjoyed ourselves just watching everyone else. The sad thing was, by 9:30 all of us that had kids were tired and ready to call it a night. So we all came to our apartment and played a little battle of the sexes with "Scene It: Squabble". The girls won of course, even though the men were trying to cheat. It really was fun to be young and carefree for a few hours, but I will have to say that I am glad we have kids. Life is so much more meaningful and enjoyable with them around. (I will attach a slide show soon with more pictures)

0 comments: