For family home evening we decided to play a little Pictionary. We have played it with Sydney before, but we never knew what she was drawing. She would just scribble in circles until we guessed something she liked, usually princess related. But on Monday she hit the next developmental level in her art abilities. Her drawing brought me back to the one art class I had to take for my elementary education degree. The circle with lines coming out of it is actually a step in children's development. Anyway, it was fun to see it in practice. Anyway, she started to make a person, and not just any person, she drew my friend Pam. It was so cute watching her concentrate so hard and realize that there is more to drawing than just circles. And she was so proud!
Okay, I have to correct something. After I posted this the first time, Sydney informed me that this was the princess drawing. She drew Pam after that and we didn't have that picture. But they looked very similar. Sydney said that the drawing of Pam did not have a crown. I am just loving the conversations I am having with Sydney lately. They are so funny! She definitely knows what she wants!
2 years ago

2 comments:
Of course that's a princess and not Pam, Mom! How could you not know that?? I love kids' drawings. They are so fun. Syd is very coy in this picture. Pictionary is a good idea. We should play that. H brought home a drawing from school of our family. Kara was lying on my stick arm like I was holding her. So cute! Hope you like the valentines we sent!
Mandie this is so cute. I've been trying to save some of Hazel's masterpieces as she does them. I couldn't believe it when she did a stick person...and then talked about the picture. How neat! It's fun that yours is drawing princesses. Give your kids a hug for us. :)
Post a Comment