Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tribute to a Faithful Reader

My grandma asked me the other day why she was not mentioned in my blog. So, here's to you gma, a list of the wonderful memories I have from all the years of spending every Friday night at your house.

  1. Mad Gab. I was good at that game!
  2. Baked Potatoes. You made the best potatoes for me, and I think you still made them for me even when I was old enough to make them myself.
  3. No candy before lunch. To this day, I think it is wrong to eat treats before lunch. I just can't get myself to do it (unless I just have to) and I won't let my kids either. I tried to explain this to John, but he just didn't get it.
  4. When you bought the new swing set we had to do everything on it 5 or 10 times, depending on how rambunctious we were.
  5. Swimming at the Jr. High and then getting scones after. I still love those scones!
  6. Old, Classic movies. My favorites are Singing in the Rain, My Fair Lady, and Auntie Mame (the one with Lucile Ball).
  7. Sledding down your front hill, after taking an hour to put on all our snow gear.
  8. Finch, a great card game. I wasn't as good at that one, but I loved that you would sit down and play with us.
  9. Dancing to old songs on your record player.
  10. Playing in your basement everything from hide-and-go-seek to X-Men (I was always Storm, until I wasn't cool enough to play with the boys).
And many, many more. Thanks for spending so much time with me and teaching me so much. I love you!

Sorry, I had to put a picture up, but I made it small.

0 comments: