Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Budding Photographer

Last week we were able to go to the Living Planet Aquarium and Sydney brought her camera that she got at Christmas. Here are only a few of her masterpieces (and I do mean a few because I think she took a picture of every inch of that place!) Her camera isn't the best, so I may have to translate for you.

That would be a sting ray
That would be a shark
That is a really cool looking starfish with killer red spikes



Lucky shot of a creepy eel
Bruce (think Finding Nemo)

and finally, the dreaded Connor fish

Here were a few I took that I just really liked. I couldn't tell if this first one actually had a yellow eye or if it was for protection. I couldn't find the name of this creature, so I couldn't look it up. But kind of creepy right?
Gotta love the Jellies
They loved petting the sting ray, which I was happy to see Sydney got over her fear. When she was about 18 months old, we went to the aquarium at the Mall of America to pet the sting rays. Sydney scared one of them and it splashed her, really good. She was soaked and scared. I haven't been able to get her to pet one since. Here's to overcoming our fears! (I just won't tell her about my hero, the Crocodile Hunter)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Way to go Sydney! How fun for her to take her own pictures.

Carolyn Hanson said...

We went to this place when we were visiting UT in September. I was surprisingly impressed. Good pics, Sydney. :)