Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not Quite Ready

So I got a little ambitious yesterday and thought I could potty train Connor. Hmmm, don't think he is ready. He actually loved sitting on the potty, which I think had a lot to do with me making a fool of myself. He wanted me to sing "5 Little Monkeys Swinging in a Tree" at least 5 times every time he sat on the potty. The problem is, I don't think he knows when it is coming. In the first hour and a half, I went through 8 pairs of underwear. As soon as he would go in his underwear, he would run to the potty, but alas, too late! So yes, I am giving up for now. Any advice for when I try again in a couple of months? (I really think Dad should take this one!)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm not good at potty training boys yet, but I do have an idea that we tried with Henry. We let him watch movies all afternoon as long as he sat on his potty and kept drinking fluids. So, he was stripped naked and just sitting on his potty drinking water, orange pop, chocolate milk, anything he wanted. We did a little potty dance when he finally peed in his potty. I just wanted him to know what it felt like. I think that might help connor too, so he can figure out when it is coming. Oh, and when he went we also gave him a treat. So, it was all fun as henry loves movies, drinks, and cookies.

Pam Emmons said...

Ya, I am still working on Annie, the little turd. Don't have any advice, although we tried once with Noah, waited a little while when it didn't work, and then when we tried again, it just clicked. Good luck!

The Copes said...

I'm all about letting them run around naked. It worked for both of my boys.--but we're kindof a weird family.