Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

We celebrated the New Year by letting our kids stay up until 8:30 (hey, they got to stay up later than normal and if it was any later, it would not have been fun!) and then we left them with their grandma while John and I went out with my brothers. We went to dinner, visited a party (where I got to experience for the first time an official Halo party, very interesting), and then played games, Apples to Apples to be exact. I don't think we went to bed until 2:00! It was a lot of fun, but we are definitely getting old. We were wiped out the next day.

My brother Mitch and his girlfriend, Linsey
We started off the new year with a bang. I think our kids thought we were the coolest parents ever! We took them sledding for the first time, and they had a blast! Yes, it was the first time because it was to stinking cold to go out in Milwaukee and we didn't have any sleds. It's not like they would have remembered it then anyway. Although our kids did have a blast, I think the adults had more fun!
Sydney and MarieTackling the big hill
Sweet Jumps!
Mitch sledding on John (???)
And the photographers
( I did do some sledding, there just weren't any pictures)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Brrr.

Dennis and Amber Ogilvie said...

Wow, you guys are good parents! Good job for staying up until 2:00 I don't think I've done that since high school. Cute kids, we sure miss you guys!