This is me my senior year of high school (with a really good camera)
This is me nowOkay, so I cut and colored my hair and gained a few pounds (okay a more than few, but those 2 kids were worth it), but do I really look that different? Over the past couple years I have run into a few friends from high school and they don't recognize me. At all. Not even a little bit. Now I'm not talking acquaintances, I mean people that I actually hung out with after school and knew since 9th grade. They have all changed too, but I recognize them. I guess I am a little self conscious now. I just don't feel like I have changed all that much. Hopefully someone will recognize me at my 10 year reunion this summer. Has this happened to anyone else?
2 years ago

8 comments:
Ya, you look different. But I'm not sure what it is. You're hair is parted different...maybe that's it. Or maybe all those people are just crazy!
That is so retarded that people don't recognize you... What awesome friends... LOL! Just kidding! Beautiful then and beautiful now!!!
LOL!!!I didn't recognize you...you just look different,not older or anything just different. the color of your eyes are even different. Ya look great!
So I have to say that when I saw the first picture, I didn't recognize "you"! You look so different. Your eyes now seem greener than blue. I have to say, I like the "smiling Mandie" much better. :) I think it's just that I don't see you so 'serious' as your sr. pic is.
And as far as body type, you will be surprised, well, maybe not in Utah, but I was surprised how many beer bellies there were at my class reunion. You have nothing to worry about. You look great! You'll be wearing a name tag anyway.
I think it's ridiculous that you were that unrecognizable to them. You look different, but not enough to be so unrecognizable. Maybe it's just a difference in the way my brain works, but I've seen many from high school and never have a problem recognizing them, my problem is names! Even of some I hung out with!
I thought it was funny that you posted this when you did because I was planning on posting my senior pic too. You can go read it to see why. :) You'll have to scroll down a bit to get there. Anyway, good unwitting timing.
Different?!? In Russia we believe that if someone whom you knew long time ago haven't recognized you - means you'll be rich! So, don't worry and go on that Reunion! I think you look awesome!
I gotta admit, I was wondering who that first picture was too. But you look great, and it may just be better that way. I look exactly the same as I did in 6th grade, right down to the haircut. (and the extra pounds...)
I think you look great -- older and wiser, but always so happy. That's funny people don't recognize you. I haven't seen anyone from high school in so long, I don't know if they'd recognize me. Maybe I'll find out next year if we do something for our 15 year reunion.
Post a Comment