Monday, December 7, 2009

Before and After-Fireplace and Closets

It is so nice having our own home! I love the fact that I can change the things I want to change without the fear of losing my security deposit!

My first project before we even moved in was staining the fireplace.
Before:


and after:
We also put in closet organizers. I have an uncle who owns his own business called The Closet Butler. He did an amazing job and so this is my little plug for him. If any of you in the area would like more space, he did a fabulous job and was very quick too. He basically tripled the storage space we have! We did the master closet, both kid closets, and the hallway. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures with all the stuff in it, but you get the idea.
Master closet Before: (let me tell you, our cloths were squished tight to fit only our shirts and my dresses)
and after: (we now fit all our hanging clothes, pants, shoes, scrubs, and lots more!)
Okay, yes, I was extremely excited about these closets, but hey, it is the little things that make us happy right? (Yes, John laughed at me.)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I really like what you did to your fireplace.
Any normal woman would be super excited to have a super organized closet.

Laurie said...

Love the new fireplace! I'm a dark wood fan. We're house shopping right now - actually we're close to closing on one and the closets are a big thing I'm looking forward to - they are fabulous! Those little things DO make a big difference!

Leslie said...

I love the darker stain on the fireplace mantel. It looks great. The closet organizer looks great! I'm so happy for you.