As many of you know, our prophet, President Hinckley died yesterday. He is the first prophet I will really remember. He was the prophet through my teenage years when really started to listen and learn about the gospel. He taught me how important temple work is. It is amazing all the temples he was able to build within a short space of time. In connection with that, he taught that our families are extremely important. With all of the attacks on the family now, this one really hit home to me because if families start breaking down, our society will break down. He also taught us to be better, no, to be our best. He taught us to work harder, be kinder, and be thankful for what we are given. I will miss President Hinckley, but I also look forward to the next prophet and his teachings. It is comforting to know that I belong to a church in which Jesus Christ is our leader and when our prophet dies, our church does not.
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment