Friday, November 14, 2008

Rough Week

I'm not going to lie, it has been really hard starting up dentistry here. We knew it would be more difficult here than in another state, but we really wanted to be by family and John got the opportunity to work with a really good dentist in a high-tech office (which if you know John, you know that is something her really enjoys.) Well, John has had a really hard time getting new patients and so it has been quite slow and a little disheartening, but this week was really a rough one.
On Tuesday, he had his sister-in-law in for a crown. He gave her the anesthetic and suddenly she couldn't breath. She had an allergic reaction and John had to call a "code blue" and everyone ran in to help. They had to stick her with an epi pen (which later, she was thankful, but her leg was not) and give her oxygen. The ambulance came and took her to emergency room. She is fine, but it was quite traumatic for everyone involved. The office that John works at has never seen an allergic reaction in the 10 years or so that they have been there. So John was a little shaken up but I guess he is prepared if it happens again right?
So, Thursday comes and it just gets worse. He borrowed my mom's car that day because we were going to use our van to bring home some chairs she just bought. Well, John got in a wreck coming out of the Arby's for lunch and totaled my mom's car. He hit his head pretty good and bruised his left hand. Thank heavens it wasn't worse! Just look
Of course I hyperventilate everytime I see pictures, but I am just so thankful John didn't get hurt worse. It really could've been bad! Oh, the other guy was okay too. John got it the worst. Also, my mom was thinking of getting a new car, so really we helped them make the decision. I think John and I would've rather talked them into it, but what can you do? So let's just pray that next week is better okay?

6 comments:

amydear said...

Not fun! I'm so glad John is okay. We will definitely pray for a better week for you guys!

Pam Emmons said...

I remember after Pete got in his accident, and seeing how close the pole came to landing on his face, I would get sick everytime I thought about it or saw pictures. I am so sorry it has been so bad!

Carolyn Hanson said...

Sorry to hear about your rough week, Mandie! Glad everyone was safe in the end. Good luck next week. :)

Larissa said...

Oh I'm sorry! That really is a bad week! I'm glad everyone's okay. Sometimes we pray for patience, and sometimes pray for patients. (:
I hope next week will be happier times.

Justin & Heather said...

I am so sorry you had such a rough week. I hope you have an amazing one next week to balance out all that stress!

Laurie said...

I'm sorry! I'm glad everyone's okay! Next week can only be better.