Thursday, February 12, 2009

Finished Projects

I am not a huge fan of January or much of February. I like snow in December. January gets a bit gloomy for me, so my mom and I decided to have a project. We made blankets for my little sister and Sydney. My mom made one big enough to cover my sisters bed and I went a bit smaller. I decided to take on a project I had never done before. I saw it hanging up in the fabric store and asked the lady how to make one. I think she called it a shag blanket. (Even if she didn't, I thought it was a good name.)
My mom picked fairies.
I picked Ballerinas. (Sydney picked the rest of the fabrics)
My mom put batting in and tied it like a quilt.

I did patchwork like a quilt, thanks to a good friend who is just awsome at quilting. (Click here to see her stuff)
We even did the binding by ourselves. To see how, click here.

I think we did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Mandie,
That is so cute! I think you can really sew now. It turned out great.

abby o said...

YAY MANDIE!!! I am so excited for you and proud of you!!! Isn't it amazingly fulfilling to make something beautiful? And sometimes it isn't that beautiful, but at least it's useful. Sydney looks very happy on her homemade quilt. Way to go!!!

Pam Emmons said...

Awesome! I SOOOO need to make a quilt. I love it, way to go!

Laurie said...

Wow! That's great, Mandie!

amydear said...

It looks so great. I've always wanted to do one of these. Maybe I will now. I like that your rag edges aren't too long. Sydney looks so comfortable on her new quilt.

Leslie said...

The quilt looks great, good job! Lets get together and have another craft day soon.

Our Life, Our OHana, Our Luv... said...

the quilt looks great, i'm going to have to get you to teach me how to do one too!