Although we really miss the Milwaukee Zoo, we had a lot of fun at the Hogle Zoo. It is quite a bit smaller, but they have changed a lot of things since I was a kid and made it quite nice. The best part about it was we were able to meet up with some friends from dental school. They are also trudging along here in the oh-so saturated state of Utah. It was nice to catch up and commiserate a little.
The cool white alligator. Did you know there are only 10 in the world? I guess they would know since these poor guys can't live in the wild (you know, sunburn, can't hunt, or hide).
Everyone has to risk the lions mouth
My cousin and her son (my first cousin, once removed) were able to come with us. I just love this picture!




And of course the playground, which is so much nicer than it used to be.


3 comments:
I miss the zoo, and I miss you guys! I am glad you had fun!
We've never been to the Hogle Zoo. Maybe next time we're in town. I'm looking forward to the new baby elephant at the Portland Zoo, though. The kids are SO cute! Happy 2nd birthday next week, Connor. Can't believe it!
It was such a fun day. It was great to see you. Things getting any better for John?
Post a Comment